Baby Boomster
Monday, July 12, 2004
 
7/11 BIRTHDAY

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a very nice one especially since I had my daughter home for the occasion. We had a celebratory lunch at Applebees, which was just perfect. The restaurant features Weight Watcher offerings with point values, and we had a full course lunch/dinner - including drinks appetizer and desserts - the light entree (which I actually didn't eat but took home) made up for the calories in my Mudslide, which was outstanding. Back to the diet today, but birthdays come just once each year -- and the tradition in our family --is the celebrant becomes 'king' or 'queen' for the day, and yesterday I was royalty. I don't need a four star restaurant to make an occasion special, just a decent meal with family and/or friends.

Before our late lunch (or early dinner), we went shopping at my daughter's favorite clothing store, which has also become a mother/daughter tradition when she comes in to town. When I arrived home I found a lovely flower/balloon basket sent by my son waiting for me. So my day was complete.

My daughter's back on the Coast, as I write this, but it was a wonderful weekend. The trek was about 3-1/2 hours away from our home; but the weekend was relaxing and unstressful. Took the Doggie Girl with us, instead of boarding her in a kennel, and she enjoyed the trip as much as we.

All in all - just a great weekend. Very lovely outing, wonderful birthday - and today an extra day off from work, to unwind from the trip. Can't get much better than that.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger