Baby Boomster
Monday, June 14, 2004
 
BE FRANK, WHO IS DONNIE DARKO???

Donnie Darko is being shown on one of the premium channels, and for the life of me, I don't know why, but I can't pass up watching it over and over again.

I'm not certain what's so fascinating about this ominous, brooding movie. Perhaps because it's original and intriguing with an exceptionally good cast, or it's murky, surreal plot is a kaleidoscope of everchanging colors and shapes. The bizarre glimpses of insightfulness into the meaning of life and inter-personal relationships give credence to it's countdown of impending doom. Or perhaps I read much more into it than what's there.

The one certainty of the film is its excellent music score, especially the song playing as the end credits roll. Fade out, Donnie Darko.



Comments:
Richard Kelly himself spent many nights awake trying to work out the finer details of the film, so I don't think you're looking into it too much.
Great film, though. Totally underrated.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger