Baby Boomster
Monday, April 19, 2004
 
LOOK AT ME – I’M INVISIBLE

In most situations, no matter where one is or what one does, I’ve found there are always two categories of people -- the visible and the invisible.

Working in a traditionally male-dominated industry, I am one of the invisible. I am not a player; that is neither upper to mid-management, but merely part of administrative/executive support force. Also, putting me even lower on the scale of visibility are my age and appearance, so only my young, thin, mini-skirted colleagues get any notice at all.

However, not being visible has its advantages. Invisibility provides me the opportunity to observe the behavior of my superiors as surely as I blend into the nondescript landscapes hanging on the walls, and the verdant, silk-leafed fichus plants hugging nearly every corner and doorway.

So be warned, ye mighty captains of industry – big sister is watching. To be continued...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger